Sunday, July 6, 2008

Woolen Shawn - Trellis Design


I am very attached to this project for several reasons. First of all, I designed the pattern myself using a book of knit stitches as a reference. I love the trellis design.

Secondly, the wool was from a sheep I adopted for a year. His name was Toral. He was named after a Star Trek character. I got letters from him throughout the year, with pictures. Then when it was time to shear him, the shepherdess sent me the wool. Well, actually, I had her send it for processing, so that it could be made into yarn.

The color of this wool fascinates me. No matter what color I put it next to, it seems to blend. Sometimes it has a greenish cast. Sometimes it looks purple. Sometimes it looks brown. Sometimes it looks grey.


I feel really nice and cozy wrapped up in this stole. I made a simpler one once before, and gave it to my sister-in-law. I had been missing it ever since.

No comments: