Saturday, May 10, 2008

Split Rail Lap Quilt


This is my sister Peg, holding one of the first quilts I made. The pattern is called "split rail" or "streak of lightning." I made this with scraps leftover from the rainbow quilt.

I presented this little lap quilt to a friend of Peg's who lives near Washington, D.C. She had invited me to come to her church to give a concert. It was a very special time for me, for it was the first time I had been invited out of state to sing.


My sister and her friend were convinced that this concert was going to set me on the road to a career with my singing. In actuality, it was a concert with only about 5 people in attendance. Peg's friend had not realized it was a weekend which had many other activities on the calendar. I sang my heart out for those 5 people though, and had a wonderful time.


No comments: