Sunday, May 4, 2008

Warms a Mother's Heart


Now here is a picture to warm a mother's heart - my daughter, wrapped in a quilt we had just finished making together.


In the beginning, most of the quilts I made were log cabin designs. After completing the log cabin section of this one, I made a strip-pieced border from scraps. Jennifer then appliqued flowers around the edges.

Here my eldest son is wrapped in the first quilt I ever completed, though it was the second top I pieced. Walt picked the color scheme. The picture was taken the night I gave him the quilt.


Again, this is a log cabin design. All squares have the same light fabrics; however, there are two color schemes used for the dark portion of the squares. I love the way the placement of the squares in this quilt created a cross within a cross. The colors are truer in this picture of the full quilt.

No comments: